I practice a holistic approach to health and wellness, which means that I look at how all areas of your life are connected. Does stress from your chronic pain, at your job or in your relationship cause you to overeat? Does pain impact your sleep? Are you struggling with low energy? Do you wonder what you can do to get your body moving? Are you tired of putting on your game face and pushing through each day... knowing that it's going to hurt, that what people see on the outside doesn't match how you feel on the inside...
My approach is a BIG PICTURE approach with lots of attention to the details.
To me it's as much about what you do when you're not chewing as what you're putting into your mouth.
It's as much about what moves you to tears as it is what you do to move your body.
People who work with me are ready for health. Many of my clients come to me for support during the transition to a new dietary approach; my expertise is in gluten free, dairy free, anti-inflammatory, immune supportive, thyroid supportive, vegan and plant based nutritional approaches. Many of my clients come to me burdened with daily pain, with a sense of hopelessness and considerable fear for their future.
Regardless of their primary motivation for seeking my help, my clients share a common denominator -- are interested in examining their lifestyle and committed to making changes where necessary. For some it means improving their diet, reducing their stress, incorporating exercise. For others it means sorting out addictive issues like caffeine and sugar. For others, working with me may mean talking about what they can do right now, today... basic survival in a world where familiar foods are no longer an option, where pain is constant rather than rare, where despair is a bedfellow and real, actionable, helpful strategies seem to be the stuff that fairytales are made of rather than reality.
As a wife of a husband who travels for a living and a mom of 2 energetic boys, I am also passionate about translating healthy habits for busy people and families.
Putting it Together
As we work together, we will look at how all parts of your life affect your health as a whole. We will take them step by step and craft REAL SOLUTIONS for RELIEF!
How are we going to do it? Well, this is what we're NOT going to do:
Instead, we will:
- We are not going to dwell on calories, carbs, fats, and proteins.
- We will not to create lists of restrictions.
- work to create a happy, healthy life for you
- create a plan that is flexible, fun and rewarding
- develop a deeper understanding of the food and lifestyle choices that work best for you
- implement small shifts that will create lasting improvement your energy, balance and overall health
Why work with me?
Short answer... because I have lived it and I live it every day. Being diagnosed with cancer and subsequent autoimmune disorders changed my life for the better. Since the moment I decided that my health and wellness wasn't going to come from a supplement, drug or bottle, things changed. Health, vitality, energy and joy are within your reach as they were mine. I want to show you how to cut ties with stress and fatigue so you can rebuild balance and increase the love in your life. Whether you are in the throws of a cancer diagnosis, dealing with chronic illness, challenged with occasional imbalance or just in need of a boost, I am here for you.Before becoming a Health Coach I worked in the Corporate World as a Systems Administrator. I know what it's like to be challenged by the home/work balance, especially with the considerations and complications of chronic illness. My husband is a pilot and one of my best clients! Implementing strategies for people who need to stay healthy on the go is something that I love! I am really good at planning, sheduling and training and I love linking people with appropriate resources. I know that I can craft a wonderful plan with you... we can map out a path to improved health and have a great time doing it! You're not in this alone.
A bit more about my journey... 25 years ago when I was diagnosed with thyroid cancer I was a teenager. I lacked control over my health plan at the time, so that crisis was managed with surgery, radiation "therapy" and medications. As nodules and hot spots were identified over the years, I pursued alternative treatments and began changing my diet. Though it took 20 years, I am thrilled to say that in October 2011 I was officially declared cancer free for the first time since my initial diagnosis.Psoriasis and severe Psoriatic Arthritis came into my life in 2002. Despite working with a great rheumatologist and dermatologist my skin was horribly involved, I couldn't walk without pain, couldn't pick up my babies safely and had such intense swelling in my joints that they were literally red hot. Western meds provided very little relief and came with their own set of side effects.
- I know how critically important it is to feel heard and understood.
- I know how vital it is to acknowledge pain and challenge while also celebrate balance and success.
- I know how helpful it is to have a health partner who knows you and I look forward to walking with you on your journey.
When I opened my healing team to include an MD who focuses on Nutrition, a Naturapath, Accupuncturist, Chiropractor, Reiki Practitioner and Massage Therapist my body began to respond. Relief from pain and inflammation came after implementing a solid plant based, nutrient dense approach to eating.
What I've found for myself and also with my clients is this:
A few questions for you:
- no single modality works perfectly
- balance and healing to my body happens by addressing the WHOLE you!
- a combination of nutrient dense eating, exercise and stress management in partnership with traditional medicine when necessary can get you back on track.
A lifetime of health is an incredible gift. It would be my great joy and honor to work with you and support you as you open the envelope and start using what is within your reach. No matter what your age or stage, I am here to support you and look forward to getting to know you and helping you reach your goals.Let's connect...
- Are you in need of support?
- Are you getting relief with your current protocol?
- Do you want to feel better AND do you believe that it's possible to feel better?
- Are you using nutrition to your fullest benefit?
- How important is it to you to model healthy habits and teach your children how to nourish their bodies, minds and spirits?
- How about we get you back to balanced health, get you freedom from processed foods, prescription drugs and cookie cutter programs with empty promises?